I'll start with the weekend Josh got home, we had a welcome home party at Mellow Mushroom with Josh's family and mine. He has been wanting some Mellow Mushroom since he left, so we all went and ate at Mellow and enjoyed some cheesecake for dessert!
We've also been having nights hanging around the house watching movies and TV. It's been great. Josh likes to cook so I will gladly let him. =) He's been good about making things a little different for me since I'm a picky eater. He's made chicken alfredo, he made his own alfredo sauce and he made wings and potatoes. He made his own sauce for the wings too, but it was too spicey. So he put honey BBQ sause on mine. It was good!
I've really enjoyed having him around the house. He's joked about being a house husband. Doing the cooking, cleaning, and running errands. I'll be glad when school lets out so I can help him out a little bit.
Pool Party
For over a month I had been planning a pool party for Josh' welcome home, and we combined it with Jonah's Birthday party. My mom, sister, brother and I helped get everything ready. They did all the cooking and I decorated. I had invited Josh's family but didn't want him to know they were coming. So it was a surprise when everyone showed up. We had a great time! The kids swam all afternoon and night, we ate, had music, and just socialized. It was a great time.
Sign made by my students.
I forgot to mention that it was a luau party!
This was the cake I had made. I had a comment on facebook that said, "I may wear the glass slipper but my hero wears the combat boot" So it inspired a cake. The cake was red velvet, the boot was made out of a rice crispie! The rest was fondant. I wish I could make things like this! The cake was a hit!
The Beach
So finally to end the long Memorial day weekend Josh, Brayden and I went to the beach for a couple of days. I must say we had a wonderful time! We joked, we laughed, we got some sun, and swam. I think it was a great finish to a wonderful weekend! I love my boys!
Brayden likes to cuddle with me. ;)
Okay, so if I didn't mention our restraunt experience I'm sure Josh would...and call me the bully. I'm sure Crystal will agree with me on this one, after being a waitress for years herself. Josh wanted to eat at a place called Toucan's at Mexico Beach. The place was cool, and the food was great (once we got it). We got to the place, sat down. All the booths were dirty (still with left over food on them) so we sat down at a bar table. Well after sitting there for at least 20 mins someone came and cleaned the booths so we went over there..to have a beach view. Other older couples started coming in and sitting down as well. Well 30-45 mins of still sitting there, no one came and asked us what we wanted to drink, or gave us menus or checked on us. We even had the bill from the previous dinner still on our table. ( Someone could of easliy threw it away and they would have never got paid for that meal. ) One waitress came by and said she would be with us, but instead got behind the bar and never came back. So after 45 mins of all of us sitting there, a lady flagged down someone and she got their drinks. A lady at another table said hey we've been here for a while now and got their drinks and food order. So I said us too!! ( we had really been there before all of them, but at this point I just wanted someone to come) She had walked off when I said it and she said, "I'll be back for your drink order." I said i've done waited 30 mins ( I really know it was more than that). She couldn't hear my smart remark though and Josh thought it was rude of me. Personally, I have NEVER been to a place where I waited almost an hour just to be asked what I wanted to drink! I was already really thirsty from being on the beach, the first table we sat at had beer all over it and it got on my legs, and it smelled like pee. Then being ingored it just all added up. If you noticed I said earlier that the women flagged the waitress down. I guess its a woman thing, the man rather sit there for 2 hours and never get served and just remain peaceful. I know I wasn't near as mean as I should of been, I also know if it had been any other woman in my family they would of made a scence...so I thought I held myself pretty well givin the situation. The place wasn't that packed either. It may have been downstairs but when we went to leave it was pretty empty. I only ever saw 2 waitress the whole time. Our food and drinks came out at a decent time after the hour wait. She went ahead and gave us the bill, so If I wanted a to go box, a dessert or a drink refill that was a no go. I never did ask Josh how much he gave for a tip, cause I probably rather not know. So that had to be the one bad time on our beach trip. I have waited an hour to be seated, I have waited an hour for food, but an hour for someone to walk by and ask for a drink order and give us a menu?? Umm, I have worked in food, that part happens when you enter the door. There ended up being 4 other tables that this happened too in the amount of time we were there. I went online to read the reviews on this place...one said that it was under new mangement and the waitresses aren't as friendly or well trained. That was posted in May so maybe that was the problem.

No comments:
Post a Comment