Better Together

Monday, July 5, 2010

Your out of the Air Force,What do you want to do now?!?! I want to go to Disney World!

The time finally came for us to go to Disney World. We had been waiting for this vacation for 4 long months. Josh had Brayden tell me at the airport the day he left for Kuwait that we were going to Disney when he got home. I thought it was cute to have his son tell me the exciting news. I later learned before our trip that Josh had asked Brayden before about going and Brayden said he wanted me to come along this year. So I thought it was sweet. I didn't want to post too many pictures so I picked a few.

While overseas we all got matching Micky Shirts. I've said before that Josh likes to match....well here's our  little family of matching shirts right before we hit the road. I'm sure we looked really cute walking into gas stations.



 



These next two pictures have to be my favorites. Brayden learned that he could make daddy jealous by calling me his girlfriend, holding my hand, kissing, and cuddling with me. He said some really sweet things, like I was daddy's true love, how he wants me to be his other mommy, he would call me beautiful Melissa and would tell me he loved me and bat his eyelashes at me to make Josh jealous. The two boys would also pick and make jokes at me...like call me Stinker Bell. I stood my ground pretty well with two boys I think.
We went to all the Disney attractions, including a waterpark. I had never been to all of them and only remember Epot because I went there when I was 21. So it was good to get to see and do everything for the first time, and being able to remember and take it all in as an adult. I could go on and on about the things we did, the jokes we made and all the fun we had. It was well worth the wait and a week I thought would never come. I like to think of it as our first family vacation in hopes that many more will come.




No comments:

Post a Comment