The good news is I got Josh a new camera for our 6 month anniversary so he has taken a few pictures that I can blog about.
One of our main goals this summer was to have a yard sale. Josh and I spent weeks going through boxes in his parents storage. He had boxes from Germany and things he hadn't opened in years. I also decided since he got rid of so many things I should to. We ended up purging our stuff together, getting rid of extra microwaves, crock pots, dishes, futons, dressers and just a variety of things. He had a lot of cool things from overseas that we later learned we should of sold for more. I even had a couple of art pieces sell. Some people are just so cheap when they come to yard sales it's crazy! Your "frequent" yard sellers did say we had some great stuff so that made us feel good. I think we worked great as a team to get it all together and set up. Someone told me if you and your partner can make it through a yard sale, and building a house...then you can make it through anything. So step one, CHECK!
Josh's dad already tired of selling
It was suppose to rain so we were going to cancel the yard sale. We ended up waking up and putting it out slowly. I'm sure if we would of set up boxes around town we would of had even more shoppers. We ended up having a very pretty day with a lot of shoppers. We spent the money on a new bedroom set

Josh already had the dressers, so we got the bed, entertainment center, and found a really cool nightstand from Hobby Lobby. Maybe one day we will have a guest room to hold it all.

No comments:
Post a Comment