Better Together

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

We have gone back to school!

Well it's that time of year again. Back to work I go. I really hated to see the summer go this year. Normally I get bored over the summer and I am ready to go back to work. This time I wasn't. I had a really great time away from Enterprise. Time in Orlando, the Beach, making random road trips, spending time with family, hanging out with friends, oh and going to the gym. YES! I started going to the gym. I am actually considering getting trained to teach Zumba.

Josh has also started college!! He started right after High School and had to drop out but now he is attending the local junior college and is thinking of going into the medical field. So he is really excited.

This has been the first week of school and has been rough because Josh is home all day while I am here and as soon as I get home he leaves and goes to class. He told his mom he wasn't going to take anymore night classes because he misses seeing me, so I thought that was sweet.

As far as the start of my school year, I'm not sure yet what to think of this group. I have some talkers already. Normally it takes them a month or two before they start all that. I have some weird ones that is for sure!! 7th grade is a weird age anyway. When I started college in Troy I started working at the local YMCA. This was one and still is one of my favorite jobs I ever had. When I started there I had 1st graders in my camp group. Halfway through the summer I was asked to work in PreSchool and that became my love. Hearing the silly things they would say and how they would love on you. Well, anways my group of 1st graders are now in 7th grade!!!! Yes, I have some of my former "Y" babies!! Makes me feel so old! Seeing them all grown up. So that means from now til the next 4-6 years I'm going to have my preschool babies. Some of them are still there that I had....least those are still in preschool I suppose.

I love my job, I really do! I think it was what I was meant to do. Often I do think of other things I would enjoying doing and wonder if I would enjoy that more. I went to a fortune teller in Janurary and he told me that I would have a few different jobs in my life and that I shouldn't stick to one because I get comfortable and I don't like change. He was right! He also told me that all my jobs would involve helping others. Which is weird because the career field I chose does just that. So I often think I would love to just be a Zumba instructor, or a Art Studio owner, or a photographer.....and maybe even go back to the "Y" and do preschool. I also want to be a Foster parent. Maybe I should have my own babies first.

No comments:

Post a Comment