A lot has changed since my last post, while I was deployed. First off, I'm not deployed anymore but if you keep up with Melissa's posts than you probably already know that. Since I've returned, I've separated from the military and I'm attending college as a full-time student. I had already given school a chance once but when I was surprised with the news that I would be having a child soon I joined the military in order to live up to my new responsibility. I appreciate everything the Air Force has given me and allowed me to do. I don't regret my decision in the least. I needed insurance and a steady income and the Air Force provided me with both of those things and has also allowed me to travel to all around the world. However, I didn't love my job and I didn't care for the common nonsense that I was destined to tolerate the rest of my career had I chosen to continue serving as an Active Duty Service Member. I also believe that this caused a lot of turmoil in my life and was a direct reflection on my attitude towards everything. Now that I'm free I have become a much happier person and I believe a healthier one as well, both mentally and physically. My mind isn't cluttered with what I think may happen all the time if I choose or don't choose to do something military related. Also, as much as they stress fitness in the military I find myself more physically fit now than I have been at any other point in my life. I learned a lot during my deployment about eating right, when to eat, what to eat, and I learned a tremendous amount about fitness. I'm still applying those things since my deployment and workout at least five times a week on top of eating much better. Although, I do indulge in the occasional sweet from time to time, after all, I'm hungry and it's there.
School is going great, I'm taking two online classes and two night classes. Melissa and I didn't see each other much during the week but now that I'm finished with my Psychology class, 96 average, I'm free on Mon. and Wed. which makes things a little more manageable. I love school the second time around, before I was only concerned about skating and friends but now I'm much more focused on achieving my degree and becoming a productive member in society.
Since I'm home more it has given me more time to do stuff around the house so I always keep up with the dishes, cleaning the house, and laundry. I know that Melissa doesn't care for doing any of that stuff and since I have a little time between school and the gym I know it helps her to relax. She can come home and unwind and not need to worry about things around the house.
And lastly, my beard is becoming something quite remarkable.
- Joshua P.


No comments:
Post a Comment