Better Together

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Scream


I've decided to talk a little about things my students are working on. For the month of Halloween, I decided to pick out what is to be one of the most famous scary paintings. Edvard Munch's "The Scream". Munch came up with the style of art known as Expressionism. He had a lot of death in his family and was always ill, so his painting always expressed the trauma that he had felt. What is weird about this painting is it wasn't until 2003 that they realized why the sky was blood red in his painting. Edvard was walking along this bridge with some friends when he noticed the sky this color. He had a "scream" rush through his body...like a scream from nature. From this, came this very famous painting.  In 2003 some archeologist's traveled to Olso, Norway. (this is where Munch was from) and found the same location where he was standing 120 years ago and painted this painting. Pretty cool, if you ask me. I would love to find that same location! Anyways they realized then that in 1893 when this was painted was when the volcanic eruption of Krakaota took place. So the blood red sky that Munch saw was caused by a this...and for all these years we thought it was just part of his imagination! Yes, this is the kind of information that stays in my brain. Not spelling words or simple Math. Art!

My students are remaking this famous painting and were allowed to draw things in the background that make them want to scream. On my example I drew frogs, making a F in Art, and Salad. hahah

Here lately people have been making me want to scream! I usually try to stay a positive person and keep the negative ones out...but I'm going to have to be negative for a moment. I want to scream at people that are ignorant and disrespectful.
Example 1. Was in line to purchase some clothes and the lady told me if I paid with a card she was having to call in the number because their machines were messed up. She kept apologizing and explained it's been like that for 4 days. So I tell her it's okay. Well then some Ignorant people get in line, are there not even a minute and say, "maybe if she would get off the phone she would get some work done!" UGH! I looked at these ladies and said, "She has to call in your cards." The lady was so ignorant she didn't even hear me. Too busy running her mouth.

#2. Thing that makes me want to scream, Disrespectful people. I get a lot of this at work, I work with middle school students. So it bothers me daily. But disrespectful adults who should know better....really eurk me! For example: A married woman should not call "her ex boyfriend" who is now a "friend" ( which I personally think that is weird anyway, to call and talk to an Ex just to talk??)(I'm not mad at some of my Ex's and call them a friend but would never call them to chit-chat!?! ) and tell him she still loves him and lie and claim she's getting a divorce and wants him to choose between his current girlfriend and her (whom is married and really not getting a divorce) It was like an act to see if she can win! If she is better, JEALOUS! Basically total immaturity, rudeness, and flat out wrong! That's disrespecting 3 people all at the same time. Then constantly calling to "check up". You dress like an old woman, now act like one! Sorry, I hate it when someone you don't know rubs you the wrong way. You know when you get that vibe and for some unknown reason you don't like them. And you feel bad about thinking this way, then BOOM they proved you right! You finally learn why you felt that way. This is one of those cases. Thats' disrespectful even if I know you are not. UGH! People. Plus the fact they called me insecure and childish. I don't even have words to describe someone like this. If you have been blocked on facebook and you have to block your number to talk...take the hint! They don't want to talk to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment