I hate how parents always blame the teachers for their bad parenting. Yes, it happens...my child would NEVER do this or SAY that. I never really cared how parents raised their kids until I got a job teaching and could see the problems for myself. If these kids were raised right we would be able to teach and not waste time with disipline. Parents are too involved in their own lives to pay their children any attention. Or pay attention to what they watch or listen too. And YES, society and what is on TV does play a big role in these kids. I never thought that was true either, until I became a teacher. I have kids that go home every night to no parents, and have to rely on themselves for food, which you know isn't going to be a full meal. I have students who go home, and watch things like Jersey Shore, South Park, Family Guy, Bad Girls Club. All which talk about Gays, Sex, Drugs and everything else you can think of. I have 7th graders who have had sex and know sexual positions.
Children Rule the households these days. Kids can"t even pour their own drink, or carry their own book bag, or pick out and put on their own clothes. There is a difference in being spoiled and turning your parents in to slaves and raising a lazy child. Now not all the children are this way. Some of been well raised, and are very respectful kids. I also see now why teachers kids are always well-behaved. Believe me I don't want my child acting a fool.


Oh crap. I knew I shouldn't let Lils watch Jersey Shore!
ReplyDeleteha.
I am glad you are keeping up the blogging, and I love the new look. Again, I am reminded to send you your photographs. I am a bad friend. I'm sorry. I have just been overwhelmingly busy. Love.
Haha She's going to be Orange before you know it!
ReplyDeleteThanks, I've been trying to make it "cooler". haha Yeah, Josh has been waiting to see the pics, I told him you were busy taking other pics! Hope all is well. Love!