This post is being typed from the loving fingertips of Josh Popovich, Melissa's significant other. Melissa & I met in high school through a mutual friend who had a crush on her at the time. After getting to know Melissa I started falling for her & not much longer after that became lucky enough to call her MY girlfriend. Melissa & I dated for nearly 1 1/2 years before we split near the end of my senior year, the split wasn't mutual & was caused by a lot of bad decisions on my part which I take full responsibility for & Melissa has since forgiven me. After our split it didn't take us long after to start dating someone else & later we would go on to marry our next partner.
Since I last dated Melissa I've been married, divorced, I've had a beautiful son, & I've moved from Florida to Korea to Europe back to Florida & now I'm deployed to Kuwait. When I came back to Florida Melissa was going through some stuff with her husband & I tried to give her advice as best I could. It had been a long time since Melissa & I had really spoken but going through a similar situation I wanted to be there for her & be that shoulder for her to lean on. After Melissa & her husband decided to divorce her & I began to hangout more often. I never had any intention of dating Melissa when we first started hanging out despite always seeing her as my first love & having to hold back my feelings for her, but I told her that I wanted her to see who I have become & maybe we would have that same connection that we did in high school.
I believe the pivotal moment in our relationship, & I think she will agree, is when she text me one day while I was on my way home from work & told me she was crying & she was going to have to paint her house all by herself & she hated being there alone because it brought up a lot of bad memories & she wished that I was there to help her. I decided right then that I was going to make the 2 hour drive to see her & stay as late as I possibly could to help her paint & cheer her up before I would have to make the 2 hour drive back to Florida & go to work the next day. I was given horrible directions from her best friend & text Melissa telling her to meet me in the parkinig lot in front of Radio Shack, instead of surprising her at her house like I had planned, she didn't believe that I was there but caught me sitting in my car near Dairy Queen. We spent the next seeeeveral hours painting, talking, painting each other, laughing, & sharing stories with each other. It was a perfect night, other than the drive home.
Melissa & I have now been dating for just over 3 months & haven't seen each other since becoming boyfriend & girlfriend for the second time. Melissa has quickly become the love of my life again & I realize how lucky I am to have someone so positive & sweet back in my life. She has been great the entire time I have been deployed, e-mailing me everyday & sending me the best care packages. I'm looking forward to having her back in my arms & spending time together on the beach over the summer. I'm happy to have MY Melissa back.
~Josh Popovich

No comments:
Post a Comment