Better Together

Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring Planting and Green Thumbs

Yeah!! It is finally warm weather! This weekend was a chance for me to get my OUR flowers planted and for OUR my yard to have curb appeal. I've always wanted to win yard of the month. If you have ever seen the yards of the month in the Brock you would understand that if my grass could stay cut I would have a pretty good chance!

First I went to Lowes, it was pretty sad going and picking out stuff alone..but I managed. I just picked out random things since I really didn't know what to get.


This is the backseat of my car....A truck would of been nice.


I actually had some flowers that survived the snow and all the other crazy Alabama weather.
This is them.
There is a little statue of frogs in the left corner. I hate frogs, I'm terrified of them actually. My grandmother who passed away this year loved them. She had these frog figures all over her yard. That was one that I kept in memory of her. However, everytime I get near it...I have to look again to make sure they aren't real.


I am actually really proud of this tree/plant. This was on the clearance last year for $2.00. It was a stick. I wasn't sure if it was suppose to be a tree or a bush or how to get it to stand up straight. However I am very happy that it has grown and produced the pretty white little flowers! Since it survived, I may need to figure out what it is!


I bought this little sheep at the end of summer last year on clearance. I think he's adorable.


The front flower bed. Last year I designed these flower boxes, then bought the stuff, and had them made.

Also this one around the tree. I love gnomes...I have no clue why but they are one of my favorite things. Here's my beach bum gnome.


The front finished.




This is the yard woman finished with her work! Please ingore the giant zit on the side of my cheek!
Now I will just water and fertlize.

No comments:

Post a Comment