Better Together

Friday, March 12, 2010

Oh 60 Days!

Well its Friday and the work week is almost over! This has been a really bad work year for me. Just too much going on, other things on my mind. My life went from one tragedy to another.
Normally school, and my students were the only thing I thought about and talked about. Last year I had a group of students who would come in and hangout with me at break...just because they liked talking to me. This year I have none. I haven't been as social or getting to know them like I use too. I just haven't felt like talking or being that friendly. I just sit from my desk and watch and monitor. Every now and then I will get up and walk around. It's been bad. This week, I did do a little more. I talked a little more, walked around more. Stood out in the hallway. More students talked and joked around with me this week. I feel bad I have been this way and I'm hoping after summer break I'll be myself again next school year. I think my students are starting to learn that I am now divorced. I got a new hallpass and it says my madien name on it, so they ask. Then some have noticed my wedding pictures have come down, and I have new ones up.
Not only has this happened to me this year but, right when school started my dad had a heart attack and was in the hospital for a month having heart by-pass surgery. Scariest moment in my life!! I have never seen him look so bad. He's doing good now though, not doing good on his eating and weight loss but looks better. Then a couple weeks was when my husband just up and walked out, then my uncle died, my mother-in-law tried to commit suicide, my brother's wife decided she wanted a divorce and moved out, then my grandmother passed away. Just alot of things have happened to my family this year. I'm glad I have an understanding principal and understanding co-workers.

Well my exciting news for the week is today is HALF-WAY!! Yes, Josh's deployment is half-way over. He's been gone for 60 days and we have 60 more to go. This was us the day he left. I've never been so ready to take another picture with someone...a Welcome home one!! We became "official" once he was on the plane. So I have never kissed, hugged, or called him my boyfriend to his face or been able to hold his hand in public. We will have been dating for 4 months before any of that takes place. I have never been so anxious!
This is my calendar at work, with my countdown for summer and my countdown for Joshua.Can't you tell I'm ready? An excitement comes over me everytime I mark off another day!

Well I'm ready for the weekend! Hope its a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment