I push this everyday and now I'm telling myself that.
I have just felt really blah lately I need to stop getting frustrated, and stop balling my feelings up and just turn it into something amazing and never give up on what I believe in.
My life hasn't turned out how I wanted it too. I guess there is only one thing that has happened to me personally and it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Plus it has given me a second chance to be happy and be loved how I'm suppose to be loved. I guess part of me has that fear that something else is going to happen to me and my hopes and dreams will fall flat again, and I'm just living in this fantsay world. In my terms, I have this beautiful piece of artwork that I worked on for years...something happens and I feel it is destroyed. I'm mad, I'm hurt, I'm frustrated, I want to give up on it. But I didn't, I turn it into a possibility I slowly start to fix it. I peel away old crusted layers and put on fresh new ones. Well now its fixed again, it's more amazing than it ever was before! It looks just how I want it, almost too perfect! Now I start to worry what if it get messed up again, what if a splat of paint lands right on top of it and throws it through a loop! If it does I'm going to just give up on it and trash it. But..WHY am I even worried about it getting messed up again? Why do I even worry? If its not messed up, then don't worry with it. Maybe a little blah of doubt has been given to me and now I fear that I'm just being fed lies on how perfect it looks or what it can be. It has been critqued and isn't up to their standards. Yes, in writing to myself I just realized it hasn't been messed up again and I should just keep it safe and pray nothing happens to it again. Even a little doubt in my artwork doesn't mean that its messed up completely. And stop worrying. I worry alot, I think I need some kind of advice or help on how not to worry. Everything is going to happen how it is suppose to anyway so worrying does no good.
I have had an "actual" piece of artwork that this has happened too. I went in on critque day, the teacher hated it. She tore it apart, told me to go home and keep working on it. I threw away some layers of it, and some I just covered up. I went back not even a week later with the new piece...totally different than it was before! She loved it! The class loved it! It even made its way into a National Artist Magazine. No joke. I was worried taking it in there, wondering what she was going to say this time and I had nothing to even worry about. I think I need to keep this in mind. I just want my pretty picture that I have painted to stay this pretty picture...and I want to be confident that nothing is going to destroy it.
This is also piece that made it in the magazine. That I thought was "messed" up.
Also tomorrow I have a hair appointment I'm growing my hair back out and I want some bangs to cover this big forehead of mine. This is what I want my bangs to look like..the one with dark hair is how I want my haircut once it gets longer..except blonde still.




No comments:
Post a Comment